The Benefits of Lavender Beyond its Pleasant Aroma
Lavender is not just a pretty purple flower with a pleasant aroma. It has several health benefits, including its ability to improve sleep quality. Lavender has been used as a natural remedy for insomnia for centuries, and recent studies have supported its effectiveness in improving sleep. In a study conducted by Koulivand et al. in 2013, oral lavender oil preparation was found to have a significant beneficial influence on the quality and duration of sleep, as well as improving general mental and physical health. Therefore, incorporating lavender into one’s bedtime routine can lead to better sleep quality and overall well-being. Here at Magnolia Grove Farms, we offer a Lavender Earl Grey tea.
Lavender has also been found to be effective in treating various skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, and inflammation. Applying lavender oil to affected areas can help reduce inflammation and irritation, as well as promote healing. Lavender’s anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties make it a natural and gentle alternative to traditional skincare products. Here at Magnolia Grove Farms, we have an Oatmeal Lavender Soap Bar as well as an Oatmeal, Milk & Honey with lavender soap bar available for purchase. Therefore, incorporating lavender into one’s skincare routine can lead to healthier, clearer, and more radiant skin.
In addition to its benefits for sleep and skin, lavender has a range of other uses, including stress relief and pain management. Studies have suggested that lavender can help relieve stress, chronic pain, high blood pressure, and asthma. Lavender works as an anxiolytic and as a sedative, increasing relaxation and calmness and helping to bring about sleep. Therefore, incorporating lavender into one’s daily routine can lead to reduced stress levels, improved pain management, and better overall health and well-being. Check out our Shop for the Lavender Earl Grey and the Oatmeal Lavender soap bar.
- Lavender: Origin, Benefits, and Uses – Healthline.https://www.healthline.com/health/what-lavender-can-do-for-you
- Lavender Oil Might Help You Sleep, but Be Careful Which ….https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/lavender-oil-might-help-you-sleep/
- Lavender and the Nervous System – PMC.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3612440/
- What Are the Possible Benefits of Lavender? The Must- ….https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet/what-are-possible-benefits-lavender-must-know-facts-about-therapeutic-plant/
- Does Lavender Help You Sleep?.https://thesleepdoctor.com/sleep-aids/does-lavender-help-you-sleep/